Melanie Delon's fantastic digital art

Melanie DelonMelanie Delon creates enigmatic fantasy portraits, each with their own rich mythologies. Melanie creates otherworldly portraits that are mysterious and often emotionally charged.

Images with titles such as Madness and Lost in the Darkness show her attempts to try to capture the power of these feelings on a digital canvas. “I try to re-transcribe what I am feeling when I have an idea, and to paint them I often contrast colours,” she says. But not all of Melanie’s paintings deal with such morbid subjects – images like Boheme and Sucre d’Orge show she has a much lighter side. “They are all a part of me,” she says, “kind of like a puzzle.”

Melanie Delon
Melanie Delon

Melanie Delon was born in 1980 in France and she's Melanie Delonbeen drawing ever since... but on paper. Melanie Delon studied archeology and history of arts and she went to a gamedesign school for 2 years. Melanie Delon discovered Photoshop in 2005, but rather than seeking professional training or reading manuals, she learned entirely through experimentation. “It wasn’t easy at first, I didn’t know which way to go, but I kept on working and working, and the more I painted the more I tried to surpass my last work while learning new things,” Melanie Delon says. Like many fantasy artists, Melanie Delon is an avid reader and she draws on literary references from Philip K Dick, Tolkien and obviously Terry Pratchett. “Some drawings are inspired by music, other drawings, movies and everyday situations. All my characters have their own stories – it helps me to create them and to give them life,” Melanie Delon muses.


Melanie DelonMelanie Delon

















Melanie Delon

Melanie DelonMelanie Delon




















Read all Melanie Delon's profile on ImagineFX or visit Melanie Delon 's webpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP